Garden Cress Microgreens – The Anti-inflammation Mini Herb
Garden Cress belongs to the brassicaceae family, it has been known for centuries in eastern regions and is spread worldwide. Garden Cress is very famous in folk medicine and is used to treat various condition. Extracts of Garden Cresses are found to have alkaloids, flavonoids, glycosides, polyketides, vitamins and minerals which give the plant it’s hepatoprotective, antihypertensive, respiratory disorder healing, antimicrobial, anti-inflammation, antioxidant and many other therapeutic applications.
- Prepare an inch thick of organic soil evenly in a shallow tray.
- Scatter seeds over the surface of the soil evenly.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil and spray the surface with clean, filtered water.
- Spray the seeds 1-2 times a day to keep the soil evenly moist while waiting for the seeds to grow. Cover the tray with a lid/wet cloth/wet kitchen paper to keep soil moist for the first few days.
- After 5 – 15 days, your microgreens would be ready.
- To harvest, cut microgreens right above soil level with scissors. Rinse and enjoy.