Fenugreek Sprouts – The Blood Sugar Manager
Fenugreek is often used as spice and as traditional herbs in China, Middle East and countries in the Mediterranean Sea.
Fenugreek sprouts are packed with rich calcium, iron, β-carotene, amino acid and proteins, they are one of the healthiest sprouts found in the world.
Some studies show that the rate of diabetes is extremely low among people in Middle East and Mediterranean Sea region. It is said to be attributed to the mass consumption of fenugreek group vegetables. Also, scientific studies have recommended that Fenugreek can reduce blood glucose and cholesterol thus prevent diabetes and help weight losing.
- Soak 10g of fenugreek seeds in lukewarm water in our jar for 8-10 hours out of direct light, ensure that the seeds do not flow.
- Rinse and drain the remaining water from the jar and place it back out of direct light.
- Rinse twice a day under running cool water to remove mould spores. Swirl and shake gently for 10 to 20 seconds before draining thoroughly. Repeat this process for 5 to 7 days to keep your sprouts happy 😀
- Harvest, rinse and enjoy your fenugreek sprouts.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy your sprouts within 2 to 3 days in salads, sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, soups and stews.
You may watch our ‘Learn how to sprout (Day 1)‘ video to learn more about sprouting.