Radish Sprouts – The Immune Boost
Radish sprouts taste like full grown radishes with a more delicate texture. Once the seeds are germinated, they slowly develop a slightly pinkish shoot with tiny green leaves.
Radish sprouts are packed with rich nutrients including 50x vitamin A of orange and 1.4x vitamin C of lemon. They are also rich in vitamin B, vitamin E, carotene, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. In Japan, radish is also known a natural vitamin remedy.
- Soak 7-10g of seeds in lukewarm water in our jar for 6-12 hours out of direct light, ensure that the seeds do not flow.
- Rinse and drain the remaining water from the jar and place it back out of direct light.
- Rinse twice a day under running cool water to remove mould spores. Swirl and shake gently for 10 to 20 seconds before draining thoroughly. Repeat this process for 3 to 6 days to keep your sprouts happy 😀
- On the day of harvest, expose your sprouts under lights for at least 15 minutes to let leaves turn green.
- Harvest, rinse and enjoy your sprouts.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy your sprouts within 2 to 3 days in salads, sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, soups and stews.